Thursday, September 25, 2008

The world goes round and round

It’s been a good week both at the office and in training. On Monday, I was interviewed for the DELTA course. The trainer immediately put me at ease by revealing I had been accepted already. My past experience and credentials were sufficient. Of course, this is the easy part. The first 6 months of 2009 won’t be a picnic, but hey, sometimes you have to "suffer" to get somewhere in life.

Training has been going well and my Achilles tendon/calf isn’t bothering me anymore. I’ve been able to resume my training schedule as planned. Yesterday, I did a 60 km bike ride and a 15 km run off the bike. I ran the distance in 1:04 on a hilly course without ever pushing myself, or as I would put it, an easy run. I feel very confident about my run for Powerman. The Open Philippines Duathlon Championships on October 19 will be a great test for that race. I wish though I had more time to stay in the Philippines as I’ve never been there before. Filipinos are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met and I’ve heard it’s gorgeous out there. It's a country on my to-do-list.

No comments: