Thursday, September 11, 2008

Rest day

Sigh!!!! (a relaxed sigh)
I love my lazy days. In my dictionary, it means a day without exercise. My goal, on days like these, has always been quite simple: “be like a sloth”. I try to honour my imitation in true spirit, although I wish I had less other commitments like work and grocery shopping. Nonetheless, today I’m a sloth.

Over the next 28 days or so, I’ll have exactly 3 lazy days (including today). My training schedule has been set up in 10 day training blocks. Each day consists of a bike workout and a run off the bike. Obviously, the intensity varies from day to day, but I’ll have my work cut out for the next month.

The toughest part of training is the constant loneliness. I miss having training partners, people who can push you to the next limit when training requires you to push that little extra. Vietnam isn’t a very sport minded country; let alone finding someone who does duathlon/triathlon. The biggest challenge until Powerman isn’t the physical aspect, it’s the constant mental strain training puts on you. I’m glad I’m an ultra-competitive someone, it helps. I reached my goals in Desaru, and I will achieve them in Powerman too.

No comments: