Sunday, October 5, 2008

How I adore my sloth days

Last Friday, I had my beloved sloth day from training. For the past month or so, I’ve been able to focus well on the schedule my coach had prepared for me. My endurance level is excellent, but I’m a little bit worried about my explosiveness. The constant solitary nature of training is starting to get to me a bit, thus having an effect on my motivation level. I guess it’s the end of the season blues, but the prospect of Powerman keeps me going. It’s the only Duathlon race in which I can test myself against some of the best duathletes in the world.

In two weeks, I will have my penultimate race of the season and my last warm up for the big one on November 9. The Open Duathlon Championships in the Philippines are going to be intense and I hope Aussie Rafael Baugh will be there. He finished 12th at the recent World Championships in Rimini, and even though I know he’s a more talented athlete than me, I relish the challenge.

As Powerman is a longer distance, it will be in my advantage. I prefer longer distances, and if it was up to me, they could add some kilometers to both the run and the bike. My goal will be to finish in the top ten, and if possible as close as possible to the number five spot. If I can run both run segments in roughly 37 minutes, my placing should be good. I have proven in various races this year that I am capable of reaching those targets. I can’t wait!!!
P.S.: Powerman Malaysia = 11 km run - 64 km bike - 10 km

No comments: