Sunday, October 26, 2008

Hamstrings

With exactly two weeks to go before Powerman, training has been disrupted by my left hamstring. Since last weekends race in the Philippines, I haven’t been able to run. I tried to go for an easy run two days ago, but had to quickly abandon that plan. The good news is that I’ve been able to cycle pain free. Still, not being able to run properly just before the race of the year is a major bummer.

Most likely, I have pulled the hamstring. As there was never any swelling, I’m assuming there is no tear in the muscle. I hope by resting a few extra days and taking some anti-flammatories I should be able to resume some light running on Tuesday. Since running is my strength, I don’t believe it will be too much of a set back, but the situation is far from ideal.

1 comment:

Denis Oakley said...

Kristof, Hope that your hamstrings are getting better. Good luck on Saturday.Denis