Thursday, December 18, 2008

Life in Vietnam

It’s been a pretty busy time lately. Not really because of a huge amount of work or anything like that, I’ve just been busy trying to collect my thoughts. Trying to fit some of the pieces of the life jigsaw puzzle together. The most important decision I have made is that I will stay at least one more year in Vietnam. Leaving would have too many negative impacts on both my teaching and sports career.

Ultimately, I would like to continue combining work/studies with my duathlon and triathlon career. I achieved some great results the past year and would like to see where the sky limit is for me. As I’m still young, I feel I can still make progression in certain areas, especially on the bike and swim. Keeping a status quo is at this time the best way to go.

I have started training again for the upcoming season. I’ve had a bit of a setback concerning my left knee. The inflammation has returned and for the past week or so, I’ve only been able to swim. I hope there is no extra cartilage damage. I’m going to assess the situation and hopefully with some rest, the injury might solve itself. Otherwise, it’s another date with the MRI machine and I’m not looking forward to that.

The injury comes at an unfortunate time as for once, fortune might have decided to give me a bit of a sponsorship boast. Through my coach, I might be able to get a new bike for free. It would be a Valdora Cycles frame, Profile Design bars, Hed wheels and Token components. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments: