Friday, November 21, 2008

Terry Fox Race Ho Chi Minh City

For the past two weeks, I have done everything in my power to be as lazy as possible. A year of full on training definitely deserves some downtime. Although I have no races planned for 2009, I’ve already been in touch with my coach and we are going to maintain my fitness level with a support program over the next few months. It will be tricky to see how I’ll combine it with my studies early next year, but it should be manageable.


I have registered for the Terry Fox run on November 30 in Ho Chi Minh City. This is a race that is organized all around the world to raise money for cancer research. Terry Fox was a young Canadian athlete/cancer activist who I admire immensely. He is/was simply a true hero. The race itself does not have a competitive character as the main focus is on raising funds for cancer research. Nonetheless, I will go full out in the 5 km run. I thoroughly enjoy running races and I don’t have to worry about impacts on training schedules at the moment. It’ll be fun.

No comments: